Pieces of Home Mosaics Shop

Saturday, April 26, 2014

White Window Creations, LLC


Happy Hello All!
 
It is time to get back into action with a great shop! Today, we are checking out White Window Creations, LLC! The owner of this wonderful Etsy shop is Jessica Herold! If you have a little bundle of fun in your life... this is the shop for you!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WhiteWindowCreations
(click on all photos and it will take you were you want to go!)
 
What do you sell?
 
Baby goods and items to make life easier or just more fun for busy moms (and dads!).
 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/79197619/you-design-newsboy-hats-for-children?ref=shop_home_active_3
Newsboy Hats for Children
(OMG! Is this not the cutest thing you have ever seen!!!!)
 
 
How did you get started with Etsy?
 
Slowly. ha. My adventure on Etsy has been very "learn as you go" because I am sort of a dive in and learn to swim later type of person. Not always a good thing, but in this case it has been awesome. I have learned so much and can't wait to see what I learn next.
 
 
When did you get interested in making your Art/Craft?
 
My shop started with the Cuddle and Kick Blanket. My son would be sleeping in his swing, kick off his blanket and wake up..over and over and over and you get the point. So I literally sewed a patch of satin to the back of his blanket and he stopped kicking it off - SCORE!! My friends loved it and wanted them for their own kids, and I fell in love with sewing and creating new things the way I wanted them.
 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/87341578/sale-cuddle-kick-blanket-dino-with-lovey?ref=shop_home_active_3
Cuddle & Kick Blanket
 
 
Where does your inspiration come from?
 
Most of the time I see something I like but I want it just a little different or in my own color choices. I am also a self-proclaimed cheap person so I want a good deal and if I can't get one - I'll just do it myself. lol
 
 
Who taught you or how did you learn your art form?
 
I just sit at my (free hand-me-down) machine and make things, messing up along the way. Happy accidents. I confess that I do not know what many of the machine settings are or what their intended purpose is, but I seem to figure things out pretty quickly. You can make a LOT of cool things with a straight line. LOL When things get hairy I call my mother. She used to make clothes for herself and her sisters. She is an amazing talent and a huge inspiration for my creativity.
 
 
Where do you see your Shop in 5 years from now?
 
I hope to still be going and expanding. At present, I am a stay at home mom first, a Sign Language Interpreter second, and a business-owner third. Many would say that business must come first to succeed but I disagree. There are many levels of success and nothing, I mean NOTHING, comes before my family. That said, when they are both in school all day, I do hope to be expanding my business and potentially selling in boutiques and more craft fairs. Stay tuned! :-)
 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/130310153/custom-quilted-duffel-bag?ref=shop_home_active_8
Custom Quilted Duffel Bag
 
 
How do you manage your time between Etsy and the rest of your life?
 
Patience. Some days I sew 10 things. Some weeks I sew nothing. Sometimes I sew 15 minutes at a time. I won't put my kids on hold to make a bag. That's just my rule.
 
 
How did you come up with the name of your shop?
 
Oh, it is sort of a long explanation. I am a daydreamer. I can sit and stare out a window for hours. I love what a window represents - protection, division between where I am and where I could go, vision, etc. White is a symbol of purity and what is more pure than a baby? And I create, so from all of that you get White Window Creations. Deep. ;-)
 
 
Do you make or stock items you love, or what will sell?
 
Items I love for sure. I usually make something for myself and then offer it up as an example of what I can make for someone else - in their chosen design or color.
 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/129118193/b3g1-cloth-diaper-boutique-style-burp?ref=shop_home_active_1
 Cloth Diaper Boutique Style Burp Rag
 
 
Where else can we find you online?
 
 
 
Did you always want to have your own business?
 
I have always wanted to work for myself, not necessarily for monetary gain. I love volunteering. This is just where I am right now.
 
 
Any other thoughts you want to share with us?
 
Do something that makes you smile every day. Do something that makes someone else smile every day. You'll be amazed at how the two feed off of each other.
 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/163812163/newsboy-hat-costume-red-green-yellow?ref=shop_home_active_2
Newsboy Hat Costume
 
Thank you so much Jessica for sharing your shop and talent with us today!
 
If you have a bundle of joy coming your way... you need to shop White Window Creations, LLC
 
A big Thank You to my readers!
 
Take care everyone,
Kate
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

14 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm from our "All About Blogspot" team. I left a comment on the "Newest Blog Posts" thread about us featuring one another on our pages. I'm ZzzonkOwl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog, Kate! And what a cute shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the interview style of this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hihi I love the Mario hat! Would love one for myself even though I am 30 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love bags, so of course I love yours and the Mario hat is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely items for children! Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog! Found you on the Etsy Leaders of Blogs team! Happy to be your newest follower!

    Saralyn

    http://friedpicklesblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Found you on Daily Etsy Sales. Happy to be following :)

    -Lindsey

    http://creativelycraftedga.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete