Pieces of Home Mosaics Shop

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Meet our featured shop owner Priya



 
Featured Shop Owner
 
Priya
AmuandPrishop
 
 
Priya has an amazing talent! She makes the most beautiful items!
Here is my interview with this wonderful shop owner!
 
What do you sell?
 
I sell handmade Bridal Hair flowers and Bridal Sashes, Hair clips ,jewelry and more !
 
 
How did you get started with Etsy?
 
My etsy store was started to get away from boredom. My daughters were in high school and husband busy in his office ! So I started to pursue my long lost hobby of making fabric flowers. after making a few flowers, it was time to exhibit them.. google is my best friend online, ! lol .
 
I started my shop in 2010 when there were not so many sellers on etsy. and then came the first sale !!! the feeling was terrific ..I had earned something from my hobby which all these years was unnoticed ( my husband never understood the value of my hobby until I found etsy ) .
 
 
When did you get interested in making your Art/Craft?
 
 
I learned this art in my school days . But I got in love again with this art just a few years back .
 
 
Where does your inspiration come from?
 
 
Nature is the greatest inspiration!
 
 
Who taught you or how did you learn your art form?
 
 
My first teacher is my mom.. I remember making flower arrangements from the flowers in our garden, she had taught me how to make roses from organdi fabric
 
 
Where do you see your Shop in 5 years from now?
 
 
This is my hobby, so I am going steady. I want to be happy and contended in my work and not just on the number of sales.

Each year I display a new collection and new design of flowers.
In next 5 years I want to see my flowers making more and more brides happy :)
 
 
How do you manage your time between Etsy and the rest of your life?
 
 
I am a homemaker, even though I am cooking or gardening.. I am continuously thinking about flowers and designs , So whenever I get time I am into my studio .
 
 
Is this a hobby, part-time job, or full-time job?
 
 
This is my hobby which I want to make as a full time job.
 
 
Do you make or stock items you love, or what will sell?
 
 
I always make items I love, because I love making new designs and playing with colors ! I do remake the flowers which clients like the most.
 
 
Where else can we find you online?
 
 
I am on facebook - Amuandprishop
twitter - AmuandPri
my blog
reeyahandmade.blogspot.com
 
 
Did you always want to have your own business?
 
 
I always wanted to earn my own money , I don't like to sit idle. So yes I wanted to have my own business
 
 
Any other thoughts you want to share with us?
 
 
I would thank Etsy for giving me opportunity to display my talent, to earn from my hobby,has given me confidence of being something, it has given me so many happy moments everyday.. making my and others life more beautiful day by day:)
 
 
I really enjoyed meeting Priya!
Here is a sample of her shop!
Enjoy!

Please take time and check out her shop! Perfect items for Brides!!
 
 
 
 
Stop in at Piecesofhomemosaics
 



5 comments:

  1. Wonderful !!!

    Kate , Thank you so much for the feature :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kate,

    I found you through the blog team on ETSY. This is a wonderful feature and I enjoyed reading about this artist.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shop on Etsy is amazing!! So many Beautiful handmade items!!

    -Elizabella Design
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elizabella-Design/420001448072829?ref=stream

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely shop, thanks for bringing this to our attention
    Karen

    ReplyDelete