Pieces of Home Mosaics Shop

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Angela Frazier of AV Custom Designs and More

 
 
Are you planning a wedding? Today, I have a fabulous shop to share with you!
 
 
AV Custom Designs and More
 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/123076944/sashes-red-bridal-sash-wedding-dress?ref=shop_home_active_13
Red Bridal Sash
 
The Owner of AV Custom Designs and More is Angela Frazier
 
Do you all remember falling in love? I do! I have been married 25 years and would do it all again! (Now, who knows if he would!) I remember trying to find the perfect veil, perfect garter and the perfect bouquet. I needed my wedding to be as perfect as the marriage was going to be. Plus, this was my second one and I was going to get this right!
 
I have also married off all my kids. And to be honest, being the Mother of the Bride and a Mother of the Groom is no picnic! This shop will help you in ways you haven't even dreamed of yet if you are marrying off a crazy bride! (... if my children happen to read this... I do love all of you. But, you all were crazy!)
 
Let's get this Party Started! I can't wait to show you many of Angela's Wedding Goodies!!!
 
What wedding goodies do you sell?
 
 I create custom wedding designs but I like to say that I create everything for the bride except the dress. Although I do create designs for all occasions like Quinceaneras, Prom's, Homecoming and any other parties or events.
 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/166096353/camo-camouflage-ring-bearers-pillow?ref=shop_home_active_4
Ring Bearers Pillow
 
How did you get started with Etsy?
 
My sister is an avid Etsy shopper so she told me about it.
 
When did you get interested in making your Art/Craft?
 
 I have always worked in clothing stores so there was always fashion in my life but it was about 2 years ago when I started creating my designs to sell.
 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/166401782/jewelry-bracelet-pine-cone-winter-rustic?ref=shop_home_active_3
Bracelet
 
Where does your inspiration come from?
 
Knowing that something I create will make someone happy.
 
Who taught you or how did you learn your art form?
 
I don't have any type of training for what I create. I guess it just comes natural.
 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/127537175/bouquets-pink-pink-wedding-silk-bridal?ref=shop_home_active_1
Bouquets
 
Where do you see your Shop in 5 years from now?
 
 I would like to create custom wedding dresses and possibly items for the groom.
 
How do you manage your time between Etsy and the rest of your life?
 
 I am very fortunate, my office and shop are in my home so if I need to run errands or take care of other business then I can leave to do it at anytime.
 
How did you come up with the name of your shop?
 
The A is for my name Angela and the V is for Vickie which is my sisters name. We were going to do a partnership but after I filed papers for the name AV Custom Designs and More my sister decided that it wasn't the best time for her to commit to a partnership. I loved the name of my shop, it was PERFECT so I kept the V.
 
Do you make or stock items you love, or what will sell?
 
I really just create things as they pop into my head. I never know if it will fly off of the shelves or just sit there. I tell my husband that there is one person in the world that is looking for something that I have created - they just need to find me.
 
https://www.etsy.com/listing/123157463/veils-white-wedding-silver-wedding?ref=shop_home_active_14
Wedding Veils
 
 
Where else can we find you online?
 
LinkedIn: Search- Angela Frazier, Beaumont Texas
SETXweddingdirectory:http://setxweddingdirectory.com/professionals/dress-apparel/av-custom-designs-and-more/
 
 
Did you always want to have your own business?
 
I used to dream of owning my own business I just never thought I would ever get to.
 
 
Were you over the age of 45 when you started your shop?
 
Yes, I was 47 yrs old
 
 
How do you think your age has helped you in your business?
 
 I was a store manager for some large retail stores for about 25 years so I brought that knowledge into running my own business.
 
 
Any other thoughts you want to share with us?
 
I send out a monthly email- in the emails I give sneak peeks of new collections and any upcoming events that I have planned. Usually Bridal Shows or Charity events.
 
 
Thank you Angela for sharing your shop!
 
Thank you Readers!
 
Take care,
 
Kate
 
 
 
A little plug: If you are looking for wedding gifts come visit:

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful shop! And another one that i probably would not have found on my own. Thanks Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great feature! Visiting from All About BlogSpot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely feature! That bouquet is nice!

    Visiting from All About BlogSpot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish there had been shops like this when I got married 41 years ago! Nice feature and I am visiting from All About Blogspot, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kate for an AWESOME interview.
    I enjoyed the opportunity to connect with you and your followers.
    Angela - Owner
    AV Custom Designs

    ReplyDelete